Forum Discussion

Darrell
3 days ago

WinForms existing name mappings broken with latest update

Hello.

I have been developing automated tests for a legacy Windows Forms application. Today, I was prompted to update to 15.65.12.7, so I did. Wasn't the first time I've updated. I quickly found out that all of my tests were breaking immediately after startup.

Many of my mappings use the property "WinFormsControlName" available on all WinForms objects and TestComplete could not find this property. What made it worse is that there were very few properties I could select (perhaps a dozen) so I might not even be able to uniquely identify my windows/controls. Clearly this is not acceptable.

I saw a post online from many years ago with a similar problem and the solution was install the .NET Application Support extension. But I did have it installed. I uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version of TestComplete; the problem persisted. Installing the previous version of TestComplete (15.64.3.7) fixed it.

Is there anything I could do to stay up to date?

6 Replies

JDR2500
    Occasional Contributor

We encountered this same problem and had to rollback our TestComplete installation.  What a mess...

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

If you have a working version of TC, then don't upgrade. I have reverted back to v15.55 many times, as this still works fine against the latest version of Edge and Chrome.

msensoy1903
    Occasional Contributor

I have exact same issue and waiting for support to help. 

How did you install the previous version?

rraghvani
      Champion Level 3

Uninstall current version, then install the previous version - providing you have the installation file.

msensoy1903
        Occasional Contributor

Unfortunately I do not have the installation file. I was doing my updates through testcomplete directly.