Forum Discussion

jrsbr
Contributor
4 days ago

Name mapping editor: Split view drag bar disappeared

Has anyone seen this issue.   Please refer to attached screen shot.

If you look  closely the one on the left on my left is on my laptop has a drag bar and thats normal. 

The  one on the right is on a  VM and  it  doesn't have it.  If  you click the v ^ icons it maximises the Aliases and Mapped Objects panes and  removes the split view drag bar.  

The drag bar appears which can be used  to split the view.  Its essential for creating  Aliases by dragging  across but it has disappeared.  I am pretty sure there's no option for this.  I tried opening and closing TC  and  resetting the docking and but  no luck!

Hovering the mouse  around that area does not change  its appearance as well.   It appears to be stuck in  that mode.

4 Replies

jrsbr
    Contributor

I deleted C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\SmartBear\TestComplete\15.0\tcSettings.xml  and re-opened TC and that  has solved the issue.  I lost a  few settings which I could recreate easily.

jrsbr
      Contributor

Thanks, thats exactlty what I get  running TC on  my laptop but  under on a VM its different:

The drag bar is missing.

Clicking 

and 

switches between Aliases and Mapped objects but  the  drag bar does not  appear.

I  was working on some mapping and dragging mapped objects to  create aliases but  at  some point it  dissapeared.  I  suspect its something  to  do with something  getting  corrupted in  one of the files (tcSettings.xml  ?) that  stores the app UI after TC is closed  unexpectedly.  The project was saved the the  VM was re-booted without  exiting  TC correctly which is when the UI  file is updated.   When I re-opened a day later I had a  message to the effect a certain file was corrupted and would I like to recover it.  Clicking "Yes" things seemed to work as normal except for this issue.

jrsbr
    Contributor

The VM had a large screen resolution and  so the UI sizes in  the Settings.XML file were not valid for use on a smaller screen and I think the drag bar   was beyond the bottom edge of the screen and hence not accessible.