Forum Discussion

vivekmit
Occasional Contributor
9 days ago
Solved

Adding a Table data value in Log Message for Keyword Test

Hello All,

I am using keyword test and would like to know if it is possible to customize a log message with Table data value from a csv file.

I have used the data driven loop and need testcomplete to display a customized log message having details for the current table data value. 

I am trying to use code expression option in the "log message" module as below to display a customized message with Table data but i am getting a runtime error when executing the script.

My requirement is to display a message having a customized string + table data(from csv).

Can anyone help me for this requirement.

Regards

Vivek.S

• Thanks rraghvani and Marsha_R for your suggestions, i was able to get the required log message with customized message + table value via the below post 

https://community.smartbear.com/discussions/testcomplete-questions/log-message-and-code-expressions/165026/replies/165030

The code expression i used was 

"Testing  " + aqConvert.VarToStr(KeywordTests.TestNameVariables.VariableName.Value["Column name of the csv file"])

5 Replies

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

If your variable is of type Table, then you need to call the correct method to return the data, i.e. Item(),

vivekmit
      Occasional Contributor

hi rraghvani, can you please share more details on what the attribute 1,2 refers to in Item(1,2). Have you tried concatenating a customized message with this table value using "+". Please share the screenshot of the code expression similar to what i have shared.

rraghvani
        Champion Level 3

It's row and column as described in the documentation.

The error message that you are receiving is most likely relating to incorrect syntax being used when referring to the object.

I don't use keyword testing, I just provided you with a quick example which you should then be able to follow. I suggest you try something simple without concatenating the strings and values.

vivekmit
    Occasional Contributor

Thanks rraghvani and Marsha_R for your suggestions, i was able to get the required log message with customized message + table value via the below post 

https://community.smartbear.com/discussions/testcomplete-questions/log-message-and-code-expressions/165026/replies/165030

The code expression i used was 

"Testing  " + aqConvert.VarToStr(KeywordTests.TestNameVariables.VariableName.Value["Column name of the csv file"])