Forum Discussion

megha_phophalia
Contributor
26 days ago

Keyword test playback not support zoom in out functionality

I have one usecase ,where when I click on zoom in and out button it zoom out and zoom in the screen .At the time of recording the steps, it perform zoom in and out of the screen .But when I play back again the same steps it did not perform zoom in and out operation .Any reason why ? or Am I missing something .

Can anyone let me know how to get in touch direct to smart bear for queries as we started new on Test complete and there are lot of questions .We have paid license too.

10 Replies

megha_phophalia
      Contributor

Its a desktop application .I gave delay too before or after the zoom action but no change on screen .

rraghvani
        Champion Level 3

How are you performing the zoom in/out operation?

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

How does Object Spy identify those controls? Is it a button, link etc?

rraghvani
        Champion Level 3

Try adding a delay, and see exactly what the automation is doing when playing back.

Verify your script or keyword test is performing the correct actions

JDR2500
    Occasional Contributor

This is a fascinating problem.  Usually, button clicking is one of the most problem free functions of TC.  Full disclosure, I haven't done keyword testing in a long time.  
    In the keyword test I would try using "Click", "ClickButton" and "DoDefaultAction".  They are similar button different.  

Also, is there a slider control you can use instead to accomplish the zooming?  Some applications have both.  If there is a slider maybe you can accomplish the same thing with it.  Some applications also have keyboard shortcuts for zooming (e.g. <Ctrl> +).  I don't know if that applies to yours.  If it does, that might be another option.