Forum Discussion

GOPAIAH
11 months ago

i want to add swagger for java web application,but i didt know the process can any one help me to

mine is a java web application and whose configuration file is web.xml. and i want to add swagger specs to that application for that  i have added swagger-core and swagger-jaxrs jar file to applicaions claas path , but im unable to acces swagger ui from browse.

2 Replies

1. Verify Dependencies: Make sure you've added the required Swagger dependencies (swagger-core and swagger-jaxrs) correctly in your classpath.

2. Update web.xml: Open your web.xml file and add the following servlet and servlet-mapping entries:

<servlet> <servlet-name>Swagger</servlet-name> <servlet-class>com.wordnik.swagger.jersey.config.JerseyJaxrsConfig</servlet-class> <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup> </servlet> <servlet-mapping> <servlet-name>Swagger</servlet-name> <url-pattern>/api/*</url-pattern> <!-- You can choose any URL pattern you prefer --> </servlet-mapping>
    3. Verify URL: With the above configuration, try accessing Swagger UI at http://localhost:8080/your-app-context-root/api/docs.

Replace your-app-context-root with the actual context root of your web application.

If your application is running on a different port or domain, adjust the URL accordingly.

4. Check Context Path: Ensure your web application is deployed properly and the context path is correct.

5. Check Console Logs: Check your application server's console logs for any error messages related to Swagger initialization.

6. Verify Swagger JARs: Confirm that swagger-core and swagger-jaxrs JARs are placed in the WEB-INF/lib folder of your web application.

7. Check for Conflicting Dependencies: Ensure there are no conflicting dependencies that might interfere with Swagger.

8. Restart Server: Sometimes, a simple server restart can resolve such issues  If you're looking to create a tutorial or content that combines about it use  https://capcutmods.org/

JHunt
    Community Hero

Your question is off topic as it's not about using SoapUI itself.

It sounds like you might have already been reading some information about swagger-jaxrs, but it doesn't sound like you've completed all the steps, such as defining the servlets in web.xml (github.com). (I won't comment further on this)