Forum Discussion

Alaguraja
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago

Unable to select date from Calendar

Hi All,

I trying to automate one web page. After launching the URL I have to select start date and End date as Previous business date. But I am not able to select the date from the calendar. If anybody have resolution of this issue, Please let me know.

Note: We couldn’t enter the date in the input text box manually also. So the only option is we have to click the Calendar button and then choose the date.

Regards,

Alaguraja V

5 Replies

• Need more info than this.

The date picker object in your Object Spy screen capture shows as having 5 child object.

My guess is they will be the components that make up your date picker. Can you confirm this?

Alaguraja
    Occasional Contributor

Hi Colin,

Thanks..The Child object only shows the Month/Year back and forward button.

I just tried the below and its working fine.

Aliases.Obj_Browser.Obj_pageurl.Obj_iFlowFxTrader.Obj_iFlowFxTrader2.Obj_DateFieldStart.Obj_DateTxtStart.FlexObject.text="07/15/2016"

Regards,

Alaguraja V

Colin_McCrae
      Community Hero

And "CalendarLayout" which will be the part that shows the current month.

I imagine that's the part you'll need to interact with. Although quite possibly the buttons for month/year as well.

Certainly, I've automated date pickers (not this exact one right enough) before and they were much the same as this. I use the buttons to move month/year and select the date on the calendar part.

What are the available properties on CalendarLayout?

Setting it directly using a method of the control is all well and good as a workaround. But I wouldn't want it in a proper test as it's not something the user is able to do ...

Colin_McCrae
        Community Hero

Also, have you tried recording this? See what it gives you? Hopefully something more than a co-ordinate on the container!

aparrap
    Regular Visitor

Hi,

Have you tried using the

Aliases.Obj_Browser.Obj_pageurl.Obj_iFlowFxTrader.datechooser0.wDate = "08/08/2016"

or Also if the object has the AcceptPopUpValue("08/08/2016") method .... you can use that and it works fine.