Forum Discussion

Vault76er
Occasional Contributor
11 days ago

Testcomplete failing on listboxes

Hi, 

I'm trying to record and then run simple tests for a .net coded desktop application. I have simple form with text boxes, calendar controls, and listboxes. I am experiencing issues with running the recorded test - every time it comes to a listbox, Testcomplete just plain fails to continue. I see there have been lots of bugs complaining about list boxes over the years, but also posts saying that stuff was fixed 5 months ago.

Has anyone else experienced, and resolved, issues with playback and textboxes, and if you resolved them, how did you do it?

• Are you getting an error in the TestComplete log?  If so, what does it say?  It's hard to identify what the problem is from your description.  It might help to see what the Object Spy shows when you select the listbox.

There is probably a different approach to interacting with the control that will work for you.  We just need to gather a little more info first.  A screen capture of the actual listbox might help too.

Vault76er
      Occasional Contributor

Attached is a screenshot of one such control. When recording, I select the dropdown arrow, it reveals the list, then I select "Male", which then populates the field, and I then move on to the next field. I've tried other methods like selecting the text area first, using typeahead, they don't seem to work either.

The logged error is "Unable to find the object ClickItem("Male"). I get a similar error for all listboxes, it gives that error and names the object the value I had selected when recording.

The name mapping is: NameMapping.Sys.ris.MainShell.pvMainPageView.RadPageViewPage.ScheduleOrder.radSplitContainer1.splitPanel1.pnlContentPanel.radPageView1.pagePatient.patientGeneral1.radGroupBox1.cmbGender

Thanks for looking at this with me!

rraghvani
        Champion Level 3

Is this your first time using TestComplete? What version are you using? Are you using Keyword Tests or Scripting?

The name mapping that you have provided NameMapping.Sys.ris.MainShell.pvMainPageView.RadPageViewPage.ScheduleOrder.radSplitContainer1.splitPanel1.pnlContentPanel.radPageView1.pagePatient.patientGeneral1.radGroupBox1.cmbGender is TestComplete able to identify each of the objects e.g.

Sys.ris

Sys.ris.MainShell

Sys.ris.MainShell.pvMainPageView

...and so on