Forum Discussion

simonaferrara
Frequent Contributor
16 hours ago

General Exception raised within Run Browser action

Hi all,

I'm falling in an random error for which I'm not able to find the root cause nor a workaround.

I'm using TestComplete/TestExecute 15.66.7.7 version.

The automation test is simply opening an Edge browser instance and navigating to the needed url; then, the needed validation web test steps are executed. Within this simple operation sometimes the Test Execute falls in an exception, for which the log doesn't provide so much information. The message is "Exception occured". From the picture, I can see that the browser is still loading the page. That is: it seems that TestExecute is not waiting for the complete loading of the page for the navigation.

The strange thing is that, as you can see from the log below, the test is next correctly executed (the browser interactions are correctly done) but, for that strange Exception, the automated test is marked as failed (by providing a wrong information, since the needed validations are actually passed). 

I'm simply using the Run Browser action to open browser and navigate to the needed url (saved within a project variable):

Please see the generated log below for more details. 

Could you suggest me a way to prevent this exception or the possible root causes for it?

• Hello,

To help you isolate and make sense of it, may I suggest you split the operation to:

1. Run browser
    2. Navigate to hardcoded URL, and later change to variable
    3. Wait for page to load

If it is still a mystery, I suggest you contact support.

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

Can you change Sys.Browser("edge").Page("") to Sys.Browser("edge").Page("*") or provide the URL with wildcard e.g. Sys.Browser("edge").Page("https://www.w3schools.com/*")