Forum Discussion

Sjef
Occasional Contributor
8 months ago

Hide (or delete) remote branches in window "Branches"

I work with GIT and Azure DevOps to manage our changes in Testcomplete.

In de window "Branches" (in Testcomplete) I can delete Local branches, but I can't delete Remote branches.

e.g.:
The remote branches Sjef en and Sjef09 are deleted in Azure DevOps, but TC still shows them in this window:

How can I hide or delete them ?

Best Regards,

Sjef

3 Replies

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

Depending on which source control you use, you usually have to perform check-out, delete, and then check-in your changes. This should then update the master repository, and when you next view the repository you should not able to see the files/folders that your deleted.

Sjef
      Occasional Contributor

I'm very sorry for the late response; but I don't understand you reply.

I already informed you that we work with GIT as sourcecontrol.
      Additional info:
      combined with azure devops to manage the remote depository
      And we only use the functions that Testcomplete offers us in de UI.
      So we create a new localbranch; we commit changes to this localbranch and then we push the changes to a branch (not the main) on the remote depository (in azure devops) and after that we merge the localbranch with the main. Then we create a new localbranch from the main and after doing that we want to delete the "old" subbranch. But TC only makes it possible to do this on the local branch, but we want to delete the branch on the remote to. The only wayt to delete this branch is to delete it in AzureDevops itselves, but after doing this, TC still shows us the Remote branch which is not present in Azure.

I hope i made it clear how we work and otherwise we have to connect via Zoom or Teams

Greetings,

Sjef

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

The file repository system that I use is Team Foundation Server i.e. Azure DevOps. I use MS Visual Studio Team Explorer 2019 to interact with the repository. I don't use the TFS plugin for TestComplete as it has limited functionality. The same probably applies to Git plugin.

You may have redundant files/cache which Git plugin is referring to.