Forum Discussion

Prabaharan
Contributor
4 years ago

Generate HTML report for Data driven testing in Soap UI open source

Hi All,

Greetings!

I have created a project in soap ui (free version) with groovy scripts to achieve the following functionalities 

- Data driven testing

- automatic saving the test results to a specified placeholder after each iterations

Able to achieve the above functions as per expectations but need some help in generating a Junit style HTML report. I am able to generate HTML report but it is not working for the projects when implemented as Data driven

Appreciate your help if you can help me in generating a Junit style HTML report with complete information about my soap project.

Thanks in Advance.

5 Replies

• Re "Able to achieve the above functions as per expectations but need some help in generating a Junit style HTML report. I am able to generate HTML report but it is not working for the projects when implemented as Data driven"

Do you mean you only get one test result for the data-driven test, but you actually want to report each test within the data-driven test?

ChrisA
        Contributor

Hi,

I too need to report individual results from a data-driven.  I don't use SoapUI's HTML reports, so I cannot comment if this can be achieved in the HTML reports.

For my data-driven tests, I dump the test results into Excel.  I can then add this sheet into a master result spreadsheet and compare results over the time.  I also do this with performance tests for the same reason.

To capture the individual test results I use a data-sink step.  These are a really easy way to dump data.  Typically with my data-driven tests, and probably everyone elses, each row contains the test details and expected results.  I can then dump each rows details into the data sink so it contains the test details, expected results and actual results.