Forum Discussion

TanyaYatskovska
SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
11 years ago

Using Chrome 34 for Web Testing

Hello Guys,

You might notice that Chrome has recently updated. The latest Chrome version is v.34.

How to test Chrome 34

TestComplete 10.10 will work with Chrome 34 after installing a patch for Chrome 33:

http://support.smartbear.com/downloads/testcomplete/chrome-patches/

For those who have already installed the v.33 patch, TestComplete should work fine with the newest browser version. There is no need to install additional patches.

Known issue

We are familiar with an issue that an incorrect TestComplete extension is added to Chrome. This may lead to the situation when TestComplete is unable to properly recognize objects on web pages.

How to check if you face this issue:

On the Extensions list, check whether the SmartBear TestComplete extension v.10.10 is installed:

If you see another version, perform the following steps:

1. Uninstall TestComplete (if you are using a Node-Locked license, there is no need to deactivate the license when uninstalling the product).

2. Uninstall Chrome.

3. Delete Chrome’s local data from your computer by removing the following folder:C:\Users\<yourusername>\AppData\Local\Google

4. Install Chrome.

5. Install TestComplete.

If you have any questions, let me know.

8 Replies

TanyaYatskovska

Hi Wladimir,

Testing Chrome 34 is possible only in TestComplete 10.10.

I can suggest two options to you:

- downgrade the browser version to the one supported by TestComplete 9.

- upgrade to TestComplete 10.

• I am using TestComplete v 9:30. What extension should I install to work with Chrome 34?

Tks

Wladimir

jyoti_krushna
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi,

I just want to know, wehn smartbear is going to release the patch for Chrome 35 or 36?
    TanyaYatskovska
    Hi Jyotikrushna,

TestComplete 10.30 supports these Chrome versions without installing additional patches. Do you have an issues with the object recognition?

jyoti_krushna
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Tanya,

Thanks for your response. With Chrome 35, it's able to recognize the object but it's taking long time. Generally in Firefox, it takes few seconds to recognize but in Chrome 35, it's taking 2-3 minute to identify a simple object like link..

Could you please guide us to resolve this issue? Also I need one more help, may be it's not testcomplete related, do you know how to set the option in chrome browser setting so that click on a link should open in new window instead of new tab?

Thanks,

Jyotikrushna
    oatadjanov
    New Contributor
    I have a problem with object recognition in Chrome version37 and testComplete v10.30.1303.7

Borders of TestComplete highlighted object seem to be off.

TC version 10.30.1303.7

Chrome version 37

SmartBear Chrome Extension Version: 10.30.1303.0

TestComplete Chrome Browser Agent

SmartBear Chrome Extension Version: 10.30.1303.0

TestComplete Chrome Tabs Agent