Forum Discussion

sdruker
Contributor
10 years ago

Testcomplete suddenly shutdown in the middle of the test excecution

Hi,

I'm experienceing a strange behavior of testcomplete.

I'm running testcomplete during the night I'm verifieing that the test has started and leaving it to continue the runing during the night.

at the mornig when I'm entering the computer to check the test results, I see that testcomplete is closed (This is expected behavior after the test execution has completed)

but there is no log, it looks like there was no test run at all. (But I verified for sure that it indeed run)

This issue occured several times, and I had also a situation which the test was cut in the middle, but the log doesn't show errors or and clue for this issues.

I tried to run with testcomplete report generator to try monitoring what is causing the problem , but the problem didn't occured again.

Is anyone having a similar problem?

Thanks,

Sivan

2 Replies

• Yes, I have also had somewhat similar problems.  I'm running TestComplete 9.31.

In my case, I have Windows Scheduler launch TestExecute and start the test run on a remote test machine several times per week.  It starts at 10:30 pm and finishes about 7 am the following morning.  Most days it works fine, but on Saturday morning it stops somewhere between 2 am and 2:30 am.  This has been happening for several weeks at least.

TestComplete logs show that the last test item completed successfully, no errors are shown on screen or in logs, and I haven't found any unusual entries in Windows (7) system event logs, or even any log entries that are common to the different failures.

No Windows Updates or defrag is going on in the test computer at the time.

It's like the test run just ... stops.

I don't know of any other logs to check, and because of the long running and auto scheduled nature of the process it would be difficult to use Report Generator.

I'm pretty much down to 'don't use that machine on that day' as a resolution :/
  • Maybe it has something to do with the clock changing?

Since some computers were changed to winter-time, arround the time you mentioned, maybe the scheduler timer was affected...