Forum Discussion

levi_bryant
Contributor
9 years ago

TestComplete dialog popup says "Out of system resources"

I get this every once in a while and I'm not sure what is causing it. This dialog stops my test from running in TestComplete.

I'm not actually out of system resources so I'm not sure what it is complaining about. 

I've attached a picture of the dialog and my current system resources.

Once I click OK on this dialog TestComplete continues to test as if nothing happened and then will pop up again shortly.

TC Version:11.11.1064.7

10 Replies

levi_bryant
      Contributor

Hi Tanya,

The issue does not happen every time but it does only appear to happen with one project of mine and only when I run that project on Windows 8. 

The test usually runs for about 4 hours before I see this problem.

I'm in contact with SmartBear support. They are having me use the report generator tool to get them some logs.

The problem is that when I run that tool, my test does not run correctly. It appears to get stuck while the report  generator is running.

Thanks,

Levi

joseph_michaud

Out of curiosity... do  you happen to use Excel at all in your testing?

leandropoblet
      Frequent Contributor

Hi Tanya,

I'm having the same problem as Levi here. I can contact support as well but I must admit I'm kind of tired every time I contact them they offer the same solution: send the project files (which I'm not allowed to), attach the report generator and send the files (which is time consuming and doesn't necessarily always returns something positive).

Can you please provide a list of scenarios where this message can appear and then I'll try and figure out which one is my case?

What I'm really trying here is to get another solution since contacting support doesn't always help and in this forum most of the answers are "contact support on this one".

Cheers,

Leandro

Ryan_Moran
    Valued Contributor

I would suggest contacting support as well.

If it is a bug in Test Complete the odds are that they will not be able to give you an immediate fix no matter what you do, but this may lead to a fix for others later down the road.

In the mean time the simplest solution (and I know it's probably easier said than done) take stuff out of your tests until you can narrow down the issue.

Alternatively you can try reverting to a previous version of Test Complete to see if the error still occurs.

Follow the standard troubleshooting method...etc..etc..etc..

Hope that helps :)

leandropoblet
      Frequent Contributor

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm jsut asking for something that should be somehow documented. I just want to understand what causes the "out of system resources" pop up. If I had that, I can probably work on a solution myself.

On the other hand... if they are not able to provide a solution... why should I continue paying for support??

Cheers,

Leandro

dganov
        Staff

I suppose you should try to take a look at number of Handles, Threads, USER Objects, GDI Objects consumed by TestComplete and AUT using Windows Task Manager (go to View | Select Columns menu in Task Manager and select those counters).