Forum Discussion

cbruck_1
Occasional Contributor
15 years ago

RadioButton with an onclick property and event...

I'm currently working with TC 7.52 and IE8.  There is a Radio Button in the application which fires a Javascript Post Back "onclick".  I haven't been able to find a way to smoothly wait for the page to finish a post back without first identifying that the control is associated with one (other than causing every manipulation of every control to have a delay).

This particular control gives the only indication that it will cause a Post Back in a property which is named "onclick".  In the Object Properties it shows the text, including the anonymous function which contains text which I can visually see is a Post Back.  Unfortunately, if I try to access this property, it appears that I get the "onclick" event, rather than the property.  (In fact, though the Object Properties shows the text, when I click on the symbol on the right to get the full text, it shows an object which appears to be the event).

Is there any way to tell TC to use the property, rather than the event?

3 Replies

• Hi Christopher,

We have already replied to you via e-mail (M0071150). Let's continue our investigations in this way.
      SarahEdwards
      Contributor

Dmitry_Nikolaev wrote:

Hi Christopher,

We have already replied to you via e-mail (M0071150). Let's continue our investigations in this way.

SO, what was the solution here?

Colin_McCrae
        Community Hero

I doubt it matters.

This thread is 6 years old and the browser and version of TestComplete in use are both now massively out of date! :smileylol: