Forum Discussion

JoannaLiu
New Contributor
9 years ago

[Integrate with Jenkins] 'can not find log file' error and failed the build

Hi,

I just upgraded TestComplete to the lastest version 10.6. And had integrated with Jenkins succefully. But i always failed to build on jenkins to run TestComplete on slave node.

TestComplete can be started and the project suite can also be ran when the build is started , but while TestComplete is still running, the build stopped and failed with the following console log, anyone knows why and how to fix this?

Thanks,

Joanna

Console output:

[TestComplete] The test execution started (InfusionManagement/InfusionManagement).
[TestComplete] Found TestComplete/TestExecute installations:
	Type: TC, Version: 10.60.3387.7, Path: "C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestComplete 10\bin\TestComplete.exe"
	Type: TC, Version: 9.31.3889.7, Path: "C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestComplete 9\bin\TestComplete.exe"
	Type: TE, Version: 9.30.3373.11, Path: "C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestExecute 9\bin\TestExecute.exe"
[TestComplete] Selected TestComplete/TestExecute installation:
	Type: TC, Version: 10.60.3387.7, Path: "C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestComplete 10\bin\TestComplete.exe"
[TestComplete] Launching the test runner.
$ '"C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestComplete 10\bin\TestCompleteService10.exe"' //LogonAndExecute //lDomain: "qajoannajr" //lName: "admin" //lPassword: ******** //lTimeout: "1980000" //lUseActiveSession: "true" //lCommandLine: '""C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestComplete 10\bin\TestComplete.exe" C:\Users\xxxx\Documents\TC10_20150421\InfusionManagement\InfusionManagement.pjs /run /SilentMode /ForceConversion /ns /exit /ExportLog:C:\Jenkins\workspace\TestComplete\3173021.tclogx /ExportLog:C:\Jenkins\workspace\TestComplete\3173021.htmlx /ErrorLog:C:\Jenkins\workspace\TestComplete\3173021.txt /ExportLog:C:\Jenkins\workspace\TestComplete\3173021.mht /Timeout:1800 /project:InfusionManagement"'
[TestComplete] Test runner exit code: -8 (An internal error occurred. Please contact SmartBear's Support Team).
[TestComplete] [WARNING] Unable to find the log file "3173021.tclogx".
[TestComplete] [WARNING] Unable to find the log file "3173021.htmlx".
[TestComplete] [WARNING] Unable to find the log file "3173021.mht".
[TestComplete] [WARNING] Errors occurred during the test execution.
[TestComplete] Marking the build as FAILED.
[TestComplete] [WARNING] Unable to publish test results (xml data is empty).
[TestComplete] The test execution finished (InfusionManagement/InfusionManagement).
Build step 'TestComplete Test' changed build result to FAILURE
Finished: FAILURE

4 Replies

• I have the same issue, looks to be some kind of timeout to me

The message (

[TestComplete] Test runner exit code: -8 (An internal error occurred. Please contact SmartBear's Support Team).

) came while the test was still running and had not reached any of the timeouts defined in the plugin

CASE #00111591

DileepKaruvan
        New Contributor

My issue got solved after using Test Complete 11 version. 

Also, I got a patch from TC support team for TC 10.6, using that path it is working fine for TC 10.6 too..

Thank you Alexander Muravyov for the quick support.

Regards,

Dileep