Forum Discussion

narender_1
Contributor
12 years ago

How to send testcomplete results to excell sheet

Hi,

How to send or export  testcomplete results to an external excell sheet which is located in my local system.(Iam using VB Script).Can you please help me.

Thanks,

Narender

5 Replies

Julia_K
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hello Narender,

Currently, TestComplete does not have built-in functionality to export test results to Excel files. However, we have an appropriate request in our database, and your message has increased its rating. Thank you.

Meanwhile, you can implement the following workaround: export your test results to xml, parse the files and save the information you retrieve to an Excel file.

For information on how to export test results, please see the "Exporting Test Results", "Exported Results Structure" and "Working with XML Files From Scripts" Help topics.

To learn how to work with Excel, please see the "Working With Excel Files via COM" Help topic.

I hope this information helps.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thank you.

Anonymous
    Narender

this request comes up once in a while, and we understand this capability can be useful for a number of reasons.

Can you share what kind of data you are looking to export, and what you were planning to do with the data?

Thanks!
  • Hello,

I am also interested in this exporting capability. I would like to export the 'Actual Value' for property checkpoints that failed a comparison validation.

I created a data-driven script that loops repeatedly and would like to capture the results for itineration.

Actual Log Result:

Object:

Sys.Browser("iexplore").BrowserWindow(0).Window("WorkerW", "Navigation Bar", 1).Window("ReBarWindow32", "", 1).Window("Address Band Root", "", 1).Window("Edit", "", 1)

Property:

wText

Expected value:

"http://mailer.yahoo.com"

Actual value:

"https://mail.yahoo.com"

I provided the Expected Value from a spreadsheet and would like to capture and populate the Actual Value into this spreadsheet.
    TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Bella, I've counted your vote as well.

Praveen, thanks for your example. In addition to it, I'd suggest reading this How To article demonstrating how to write information to an Excel file.