Forum Discussion

praveenskg
Contributor
7 days ago

how to run custom scripts after project suite Run is completed

We have developed custom code in python to generate html based Summary report using the data available in the TestComplete provided Junit summary report xml file. At the end of execution i want to  generate Junit summary report xml file and then I want to run this custom code.

I am not sure when and where i can trigger this custom code after all the test execution is completed? Also it should get triggered in both commandline and using Test complete GUI. 

Any thoughts how to achieve this?

• We use our build system (Jenkins) to accomplish something similar to what you’re describing.  After execution of the TestComplete project finishes Jenkins runs a “teardown” build step that publishes our results and copies test artifacts to the network.  The “teardown” step runs PowerShell scripts to make all that happen.

praveenskg
      Contributor

Agreed but we have built the custom code using python within Test complete, so i am looking for some way to achieve it within Testcomplete

praveenskg
      Contributor

we have built the custom code using python within Testcomplete, so i am looking for some way to achieve it within Testcomplete. I also looked into all the Events, i dont think any suitable event for my need. both Onstop Test & Onstop Testcase happens after each test/testcase. Since it is within Testcomplete, i cannot go for powershell or batch file

MW_Didata
        Regular Contributor

If the code is within TestComplete, Can't you put it at the end of the execution plan?

praveenskg
      Contributor

On the local machine we are using Run project option or by tag. In CICD, it is commandline and using tag