Forum Discussion

javance
Occasional Contributor
10 years ago

Fully patched 10.6 does not work with Firefox 36.03, 36.04

"This Firefox Version Is Not Supported."

TestComplete 10.6 crashes continuously with IE.  Now a minor version change breaks Firefox compatibility.  I now cannot run tests, period.

Why are we paying money for this product again?

19 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Guys,

We’ve already prepared the patch for the latest Firefox update. To install it, click Help | Check for Updates in TestComplete’s main menu.

Also, we recommend that you disable automatic Firefox updates to avoid such a situation. Please refer to the "Preparing Firefox for Web Testing" ( http://smartbear.com/viewarticle/62858/ ) help topic for details.

javance
      Occasional Contributor

So can I expect this patch to work until Firefox releases 36.05?

TanyaYatskovska
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi John,

Firefox has recently release v.37. Our Team has already prepared the patch for this browser version. Select Help | Check for Updates in TestComplete’s main menu to install it.

Ryan_Moran
    Valued Contributor

Same issue here. Yet again a browser update is released and we cannot run web based testing on that browser.

The suggested solution is to downgrade the browser but this is not an option for us.

bear.gif

ArmandsBruns
    Frequent Contributor

I have the same problem.

TestComplete doesn't support FireFox 36.0.4

The only solution is to downgrade

Regards

Armands

culisse
        Contributor

Hello,

I had the same problem but the latest patch works for me with Firefox 36.04.  Also make sure your Process Filter isn't prohibiting your recognition of objects which is a setting that bites me from time to time.

~Chris