Forum Discussion

Nformation
Contributor
9 years ago

Error when running TestExecute from Command Line

I feel like I'm missing something obvious, but my attempts to run my project from command line are launching TestExecute but erroring because it's trying to load the TestExecute executable as a project.  Any ideas?

Here's what I'm running in PowerShell: 

PS C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestExecute 10\Bin> .\TestExecute.exe "C:\Projects\My.Proj\Automated Testing\myAutomation\myAutomation.pjs" /r /p:myRegression

And I'm getting this error:

TestExecute Error.jpg

5 Replies

• Try the command as follows :

& 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestExecute 10\Bin\TestExecute.exe' "C:\Projects\My.Proj\Automated Testing\myAutomation\myAutomation.pjs" /r /p:myRegression

Nformation
      Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion, but I got the same error. I even get the error if I just call the following from the executable path. 

PS C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestExecute 10\Bin> .\TestExecute.exe

I have no idea why it's trying to open TestExecute.exe as a file using TestExecute.exe.

heidi_n
        Regular Contributor

This is what I use - we don't have the space or .\ Maybe this will work?

cmd.png

C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestExecute 10\Bin> .\TestExecute.exe

ml
    Contributor

i also got some weird commandline errors in the past. support doesn´t helped me well so i tested a bit around with it. did you try to execute this command with the normal windows-shell (cmd)?