Forum Discussion

Tamarchik123
New Contributor
2 years ago

Change default co-ordinates in Testcomplete

Hello, In documentation  There is written that 

click on  object works in the corner, can i change default coordinates to click in the center by default, or during clicking on specific text value

5 Replies

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

If ClientX and ClientY is omitted, the click will be simulated in the centre of the object.

If you write a small function to perform a click with and without parameters, you can see the action being performed.

Tamarchik123
      New Contributor

My objects are popup menu texts and as i catch, by index it is clicked in the center, by text it is clicked down and as a result click is not performed, i want to perform it by text and not by index

scottroutesmart
    Occasional Contributor

For my x and y coordinates, I used the following snippet of custom code to get it to click in the middle of the object exactly, as I knew I needed to click that exact point for a dialog box to appear...

Aliases.browser.pagename.canvas.width/2
    Aliases.browser.pagename.canvas.height/2

The thing I like about doing it this way is that if your object dimensions, browser window size, or other factors change, it calculates the middle point of the object regardless.

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

Is this a desktop of web application? 

Can you provided your code? So that we can see how you are performing your actions