Forum Discussion

steve_hall
Contributor
11 years ago

Anyone else having problems when exiting TC 9.30?

Hi all,

Successfully, and trouble free upgrade from 9.20 to 9.30 yesterday. 

However, since then whenever I go to File/Exit, either:

a) The project suite is closed ok, but then TC won't exit

b) The project suite will not close, and then TC won't exit.

In either situation, after a second or two, the window title includes "(Not responding)"

Not sure if this is a problem with the machine on which we have TC installed, or a problem in 9.30. On the basis it *MAY* be a problem our end, I don't want to raise an official ticket etc yet...

Anyone else having similar issues?

3 Replies

quessev
    Occasional Contributor
    No it works on my platform: TC installed on Windows 8 running in Vmware workstation, project installed on a network drive.

But exiting from TC takes significant time.
  • Hi Steve.

I am not faceing your problem but I agree that TC 9.30 might not be completely stable.

For instance, I just copy-pasted an onscreen object to use it in a new Object Property

window and TestComplete displayed the Not Responding window.

I used to see this behaviour in previous version so no big deal, but it seems that it has happened more often since the upgrade.

Waiting for a stable 9.40.

Note #1 : TestComplete 9.30 + OS Win7.

Note #2 : TestExecute 9.30 works perfectly.

Guillaume.
    AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3
    Hi Steve,

I haven't seen something like you reported with TC9.3 yet, but with previous versions I had sometimes TestComplete 'not responding' on exit when it (TestComplete) could not unbind from some of the tested (or instrumented) processes in the system. Usually, in this cases, I had TestComplete and some other application marked as Not Responding in the Task Manager. Termination of the problematic application resulted in TestComplete ending successfully.