Forum Discussion

sguda
Regular Contributor
15 years ago

Add existing item for keyword testing doesn't work.

Hi,

I had a keyword script for login into web page and enter the fields for login id and password under project "Test1."

Now i created another new project '"Test2" under the same project suite and added the login script from previous project as an existing item to this project.

I realised that the new project didn't have tested apps and name mapping items. So i added them to project. and i copied the tested apps item from previous project (Test1") to this project ("Test2").

It is opening the web page but not executing the other steps like entering the values into fields and property checkpoints. 

They are under same project suite, it is the same browser i am testing on. Also i tried to delete tested apps item and added again from  scratch to map IE instead of copying. My tested apps is in simple mode run.

It is throwing exception.

If anybody has an idea please let me kknow.That will be really great.

17 Replies

sguda
    Regular Contributor
    Also, if i have developed the script in IE8 version and if some body has IE7, The script doesn't work./

How can we make it work.
    sguda
    Regular Contributor
    Can anybody answer this so i can go a head.
    sguda
    Regular Contributor
    Hi,

1. I have the login script in one of my projects in the shared drive. Another person tried to add the Login keyword test as existing item. One thing i noticed is that We have to add the name mapping item of the original Login test also as existing item. Other wise simply adding the keyword test as existing item is not helping and executing the srcipt.

Is that right? 

2. Also when another person added the script like that, it was not clicking on submit button as it is not mapping correctly on her machine. The IE version is 8 on both of our machines.

One thing i saw was the tabs and icons are not displaying properly , they are overlapping on to other tabs and when i highlight the objects when she recorded also it is not highlighing where the login text is or where the submit button is . it is highlighting little above to the actual submit tab. this is even when she recorded in her machine.

Any idea why this is happening? What can we do to solve this problem.

• Hi Sri,

I have the login script in one of my projects in the shared drive.

We strongly recommend that you avoid adding project items from a shared network drive. To organize your teamwork, you need to open your project in the networked mode. 

Working in the networked mode allows several testers to get access to the same project, but have their own project-related settings. Also, working in this way, you can update the project without any confusion related to multiple copying, pasting, and relinking plenty of project items.

I recommend that you organize your work in a way described in the Sharing Projects and Project Suites Among Several Testers article.

it is highlighting little above to the actual submit tab

Please make sure that the page's zoom ratio is set to 100%. TestComplete does not support other zoom ratios. See the "Setting the Page’s Zoom Ratio" section of the "Preparing Web Browser" article for details.

If the zoom ratio is set to 100%, but you still face the issue, please provide us with a video demonstrating the behavior. For example, you can use Jing, which is a free recorder. Also, please zip the entire project suite folder and send us the archive along with the recorded video. 
    sguda
    Regular Contributor
    Thank you so much, the zoom setting worked.