Forum Discussion

anthos
Occasional Contributor
3 years ago

UPLOAD A ZIP FILE USING SOAPUI

Could I receive an example of a correct request header to upload a ZIP file using a POST?

Many many thanks

antonio

3 Replies

richie
    Community Hero

Hey anthos

the http headers associated with a particular request are specific to that request, so it;s not like people can just tell you what headers you need.   HOWEVER - for certain scenarios there are 'rules' to follow.  (attachments or multi part or form data, or % encoded payloads require certain Content-Type headers).

It appears you want to attach a .zip file to a REST request.  Looking at the attachment you included, it appears that you've proxied some requests via fiddler - one of the requests (48_request) was via Postman (due to the inclusion of the auto generated Postman-Token header) and the other (529_request) appears to be the same request, but NOT via Postman - so I'm guessing 529_request was via SoapUI...??

If you notice in your Postman request you have a Content-Type header with value 'multipart/form-data;'  - I would suggest you need to set the equivalent in your SoapUI request.

I'm guessing about the detail based on your brief description and no info on the fiddler attachment.

The more info you provide, the more likely forum members will be able to assist,

Cheers,

Rich