Forum Discussion

larsn
Contributor
11 years ago

soapui, junit reports, and Jenkins - test case trends?

Using soapui, and producing junit reports in Jenkins, is it possible to view trends for a test suite or test case?

I'm not familiar with what JUnit reports can produce but I'm used to what the RobotFramework plugin could produce - which was trend graphs by test suite and down to test case.

7 Replies

redfish4ktc2
    Super Contributor
    as a pro user, you should post your question in the pro forum to get support from SmartBear
    I don't understand your question: do you have issue to see soapui junit reports in jenkins or have you another problem?
  • I don't have a problem. I have the junit report appearing in my job that runs soapui testrunner but I was wondering if the junit report could show trends for more than just the entire run (all test suites) and show trends at a more detailed level for individual test suites and test cases.
    I was just wondering if any one was more familiar with Jenkins and the junit reporting and could may be let me know if what I want is even possible. I'll post this to a Jenkins list instead.

Thanks for replying.
    redfish4ktc2
    Super Contributor
    thanks for the clarification.
    Soapui produces regular junit xml files, so your question is actually about junit reports in Jenkins.

AFAIK, there is no trends for testsuite and testcases in junit reports.
    But you will have better information in the Jenkins mailing list as you say
    knaecke
    Occasional Contributor
    I'm just curious: Have you managed to integrate this into Jenkins as well?
    brainiac007
    Occasional Contributor
    this was the most easy part of the setup:
    - unzip old Junit-History
    - create new folder "<buildid>-<Timestamp>-Junit-History"
    - run soupUI
    - copy the new generated JUnit-XML files in a new folder named "<buildid>-<Timestamp>-Junit-History"
    - run the JUnitTh.jar
    - zip all files
    - save the zip on the Jenkins-Master

During the fact that we run many projects (+50) we also spitted the POM into child/parent and host the parent in NEXUS
  • Interesting - but you are managing the junit reports for each build. What if older builds or specific builds are deleted from Jenkins?
    It seems like, even if there isn't a Jenkins plugin for Junit History, that it would be possible to mimic it.
    How about just using the Junit results from the previous builds located in ${JENKINS-HOME}/jobs/${YOUR-JOB}/builds.
    If junitth requires a specific directory naming scheme, I guess it would mean copying re-creating the existing build directory tree since buildid is a sym link to the build dir which has a number of the daystamp. This would be possible with some scripting code.