Forum Discussion

carsnick
New Contributor
8 years ago

Response for Run Test Case?

I am using a Run TestCase to run a test case as a step in a different test case. 

The original test case that I am running has only a single step which is a REST Request.

When I run the Run TestCase I would like to be able to see the value returned for certain properties in the REST Request from the original test case, when I click on the run TestCase. Currently I just see an empty "TestCase Run Properties" table.

Appreciate any advice.

4 Replies

carsnick
    New Contributor

I now know that the Run TestCase's Run Properties table is for driving new property values into the target test case. I'm just wondering if there's any way on my Run TestCase to see the response from one of the REST Requests that was run in the target test case?

Radford
      Super Contributor

Test case properties can be used for both input and output.

First make sure that within your TestCase that will be called via the "Run TestCase" step you copy the property values into the properties, this can be done from a Property Transfer test step or a Groovy test step.

Then when you call the TestCase, with the "Run TestCase" test step, you must mark the required properties as "Return Properties" in the Run TestCase Options.

You should now have access to the called test cases return Custom Properties.

carsnick
        New Contributor

Thanks Radford, this sounds like what I had tried, so I went through the steps again. Mu issue is that even after having created a property transfer test step in test case #1, in my Run TestCase under test case #2 where I am pointing to test case #1, I get no options under the "Return Properties" section of the Run testCase options. I've attached some screenshots to show what I have.