Forum Discussion

JimL
Contributor
16 years ago

How to get SOAPUI to add a SAML Assertion?

Hi,

I haven't had much success here in getting any responses to my inquiries about a similar subject, but I'll give this one more try  ...

I have imported a WSDL into SOAPUI.  This WSDL is one for a webservice that I have running (and working) on a WebLogic server.  When we call this webservice from a webservice client (on another WebLogic server), the SOAP message has a SOAP header with a signed, sender-vouches Assertion.

Here's the WSDL:

sender-vouches

What I am trying to do is to use SOAPUI to send SOAP messages to this same webservice.

As I said above the SOAP messages need to have a SOAP header with a signed Assertion.

After importing the WSDL into SOAPUI, I have tried numerous things, trying to configure the Outgoing WS-Security configuration.  I have the keystore configured, and have tried adding various combinations of SAML and Signature.

If I add only Signature to the Outgoing WS-Security configuration, and send a request from SOAPUI, it does add a section to the SOAP header, but as I said, in order to duplicate what the WebLogic-hosted webservice client does, what needs to be in the SOAP header is not just a signature, but a signed element.

I guess that really, the first question that I have is:  Should SOAPUI be able to do this?

If the answer to THAT question is "yes", then the question is "How?", i.e., what are the specific steps that I need to do, presumably in the Outgoing WS-Security configuration, to make this work?

Has ANYONE gotten something like this working?

Thanks, and sorry to have to start a new thread on this.

Jim

12 Replies