Forum Discussion

aldana
Occasional Contributor
15 years ago

Connection refused outcome doesn't make the test fail

Hi there,

I get a connection refused error from soapui (because server isn't running), which is correct. Unfortunately the test-step still shows me a successful assertion. Of course I want to show red. Is there a dedicated verify step to check whether connection was successful?

On the other hand in my view the whole test-case should go red if connection-refused error happens... Currently I just get a log entry, but the test-case is still on green

3 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi!

Try adding a "SOAP Response" assertion to your teststep, this should fail and thus fail the test.

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com
    aldana
    Occasional Contributor
    eviware support wrote:

Try adding a "SOAP Response" assertion to your teststep, this should fail and thus fail the test.

I see. But I think there should be a default/implicit assertion which checks this (otherwise I need to add such an assertion on each request step, which adds effort)... I think there are very rare test-cases which check that the endpoint is not listening.
  • aldana wrote:

eviware support wrote:

I see. But I think there should be a default/implicit assertion which checks this (otherwise I need to add such an assertion on each request step, which adds effort)... I think there are very rare test-cases which check that the endpoint is not listening.

This is very much by design, one many people agree with.