Forum Discussion

PMI_Mortgage_In_1
Occasional Contributor
14 years ago

XPATH Assertions not working propertly with CDATA.

Version : SoapUI Pro 3.6.1
I have XML content with CDATA; after i implement the suggestion on how i can handle CDATA, the assertions created on the elements which are part of the CDATA content is not consistently getting validated.

for.eg:

1. Implmenet CDATA handling.
2. With a new Outline view create XPath assertion - Assertion is Valid.
3. Close the project after saving.
4. Open Project
5. Run the same test case step - Asssertain Fails with Error " Mising Conetnt for path.

Also attached screenshot from my project, please review and provide me a workaround/fix ASAP.

6 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi!

hmm.. can you attach the actual two responses you are getting for these requests and also the xpath assertion itself?

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com
    PMI_Mortgage_In_1
    Occasional Contributor
    I have included the second part of my problem described.

The XPATH Assertions with CDATA behave differently when run from a test suite rather than a test step.
    Screen shots and xmls attached. you could compare with TestStep Run vs TestSuite run.

Please email me or call me for further clarifications, as i need to come with an alternate solution ASAP. Your timely help on this regard will be greatly appreciated. i am open for a webex or similar sessions if required to demonstrate the problem if required.
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi!

thanks.. I'll see what I can make of this... can you share your actual soapUI Project file also? (mail it to support@eviware.com if you don't want it here on the forum)

Also, can you attach the HTTP log for this request/response? So we can see what is actually returned by your service to figure out how it is being processed differently for the testsuite and teststep levels?

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
  • Hi,

I have the same problem at my projects too.

is there a solution for this???

Thanks

SmartBear Support wrote:
    Hi!

thanks.. I'll see what I can make of this... can you share your actual soapUI Project file also? (mail it to support@eviware.com if you don't want it here on the forum)

Also, can you attach the HTTP log for this request/response? So we can see what is actually returned by your service to figure out how it is being processed differently for the testsuite and teststep levels?

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com