Forum Discussion

jrahman
Contributor
14 years ago

Windows install problem: Couldn't craete JVM

I just finished installing loadUI-1_0-beta1 without any error indication. But upon launching, error message box "Java Virtual Machine Launcher" pops with message: "Couldn't create Java Virtual Machine".

I guess, this is something my Java install issue (Not LoadUI), however, any hint or help would be appreciated. Note that my SoapUI Pro 3.5.1 is running without any problem

/jr.

5 Replies

bo8ster
    Occasional Contributor
    I had the same issue. The underlying issue is a jre is not on the path. It can be downloaded (jre1.6.0_02) or \Program Files\eviware\loadUI-1.0-beta1\jre\bin can be added to the path.

I have also found that if a jdk is on the path (I have netbeans installed) this is no good.
    bo8ster
    Occasional Contributor
    I got this issue again after I installed Soap 3.5. I had 3.6 beta installed but found it kept on crashing / closing.
    It would seem that SoapUI and LoadUI have issues working with the same JRE. I still had jre1.6.0_02 but had to manually put the jre that came with loadUI to get loadUI running.

I did notice when using soap 3.1 Pro the test runner was particular with the version of Java it used too. Is there a dependency?

Please run SoapUI and LoadUI at the same time and see if you have issues. I find they both just close unexpectedly which is most annoying.
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi!

hmm.. this sounds like the JRE is crashing on you, do you have and pid/hid files in the soapUI\bin or loadUI folders after this happens? (that you could share..)

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
    bo8ster
    Occasional Contributor
    Sure

I have attached the latest pids from each of the programs. Hope that helps.
    Sometimes soapUI crashes by itself however it is more noticeable when running more than one program at once (example, soapUI, loadUI and JMeter). Didn't have any issues with SoapUI 3.1 Pro (on another work computer although the envs vars (Path) were locked to the soapUI JRE but also meant I could not run other Java stuff).

Thanks