Forum Discussion

SDutta
Occasional Contributor
12 years ago

SOAP UI OutOfMemoryError

Hi All,

I have a project which Whereever, I am trying to load Test using Load UI or Using Soap UI PRO, Load UI gets hanged as well as Soap UI PRO Give me the following Error
Exception in thread "SwingWorker" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Xobj$ElementXobj.newNode(Xobj.java:2726)
at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Xobj.copyNode(Xobj.java:1111)
at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Xobj.copy_contents_from(Xobj.java:2331)
at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Xobj.copy(Xobj.java:2405)
at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.values.XmlObjectBase._copy(XmlObjectBase.java:155)
at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.values.XmlObjectBase._copy(XmlObjectBase.java:138)
at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.values.XmlObjectBase.copy(XmlObjectBase.java:119)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.loadtest.WsdlLoadTestRunner.createTestCase(WsdlLoadTestRunner.java:682)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.loadtest.WsdlLoadTestRunner.access$400(WsdlLoadTestRunner.java:60)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.loadtest.WsdlLoadTestRunner$TestCaseStarter.construct(WsdlLoadTestRunner.java:433)
at com.eviware.soapui.support.swing.SwingWorkerDelegator.construct(SwingWorkerDelegator.java:46)
at com.eviware.soapui.support.swing.SwingWorker$2.run(SwingWorker.java:149)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I went through the forums and I found that I need to change the default Memory Settings in the soapuipro.bat & loadtestrunner.bat file. And since My Machine is running on Windows 2003 R2 Server, with 48 GB Ram, and 32 bit JRE. I set the following in both the files :

set JAVA_OPTS=-Xms1024m -Xmx2500m -XX:MaxPermSize=192m -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -Dsoapui.properties=soapui.properties -Dgroovy.source.encoding=iso-8859-1 "-Dsoapui.home=%SOAPUI_HOME%\" 

Still I find the same error as well as no HeapDump is taken on the error.
I am Attaching the Project File here as well for your reference.. Please do have a look and comment on it as it is pending Delivery for a long period of time.

1 Reply

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi,

Sorry to hear you're having problems. What version of SoapUI are you running? Try going into the TestCase options and check the "Discard OK Results" checkbox, and see if that helps.

Regards,

Arian
    SmartBear Sweden