Forum Discussion

SmartBear_Suppo
SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
14 years ago

Share your components here

So, you have made a custom loadUI component that you think might be useful to other users? Well, go ahead and post it in this topic and it will be published at loadui.org/Custom-Components.

Below is a template that you can use when posting:

[hr:3haswfjc][/hr:3haswfjc]
Component name:
Process Runner

Developer:
Ole Lensmar, eviware

Description:
Runs an operating system process. Example component taken from http://www.eviware.com/blog/?p=196.

Source code:
/**
* Runs a process
* @name Process Runner
* @category runners
*/

// the command itself
createProperty('command', String,"")

sample = { message, sampleId ->
try
{
// start a process and wait for it to finish
def proc = command.value.execute()
proc.waitFor()

// add result properties
message["ExitValue"] = proc.exitValue()
message["Stdout"] = proc.in.text
message["Errout"] = proc.err.text

// fail if process failed
if( proc.exitValue() != 0 )
failureCounter.increment()
}
catch( e )
{
// add error properties
message["ExitValue"] = -1
message["Errout"] = e.message

failureCounter.increment()
}

return message
}

layout {
property( property:command, label:"Command", constraints: 'w 200!' )
action( label:'Run Once', action: { triggerAction('SAMPLE') }, constraints: 'aligny bottom' )
}
    thzinc
    Occasional Contributor
    njcoutinho wrote:
    SmartBear Support wrote:
    thzinc wrote:
    Component Name
    Custom HTTP Runner

Developer
    Daniel James, Casting Networks, Inc.

[...]

Looking really good Daniel!

In case you haven't already noticed, your component have been published in the custom components gallery.

Henrik
    loadUI developer

Hi Daniel ,

Where can i find the documentation of your product

I just replied to your post at viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13056&p=42078&sid=b0c689d8b822911fd4da3a8862037e81#p42078
  • Hi all,

I have just created a component which I believe could be useful to a lot of people!
    It is a stepped load-increase component which allows you to increase the load at certain intervals.

As I actually work for SmartBear, I made it available at the loadui website, check it out:

http://loadui.org/Custom-Components/

It is called Stepped Rate Generator.

If the component proves to be useful and works nicely, it will be included in future releases of LoadUI!

Regards,

Renato
    SmartBear Software
  • Hi all,

This week i created a new component which I believe could be useful to some of you!
    It's called a Ramp Load Generator and produces load according to the behaviour of thread-based performance testing tools.
    This component differs slightly from having a fixed number of concurrent users like the Fixed Load Generator.
    You are given the ability to ramp up the usage for a duration, let it run for a while and then ramp down.

Configurable parameters:

- Ramp Duration : The time it takes for the component to ramp up to the peak load and down to zero
      - Peak Duration : The time the component lets the load remain at peak load
      - Peak Load : The number of currently running users the component produces

Check it out below:
    http://www.loadui.org/Custom-Components/

Use with care as this component is fresh out of the forge and report any issues you may experience in this thread, or in a thread of your own.
    If the component proves to be useful and works nicely, it might be included in future releases of LoadUI!

Important note: Make sure you understand what this means for your performance test by reading about the Fixed Load Generator and Essential Statistics

Best regards,
    Mikael
    LoadUI Developer, SmartBear Software