Forum Discussion

11 years ago

REST test step doesn't save PUT resource/method

Hello,

I have a REST project with multiple resources and methods. One of them is a PUT request. It works fine.

I have a testsuite with several test steps. One of them should exercise the PUT request. It works fine, but...

When I first created the project, the PUT test step saved its selected resource/method (i.e., PUT). But now that I've made a few updates to this project, the test step fails to save the resource/method. A property transfer step in the test case is also failing to save some of the previously-selected properties.

I re-created the project once, and everything was saved OK, but now the items above fail to save again.

I'm using SoapUI Pro 4.6.2. Project XML is available on request.

Severin B.
Software Developer

13 Replies

• sbeauvais wrote:
    I also noticed a warning about missing script folder under SoapUI 4.6.1, but I cannot find where that setting is stored, so I cannot update it. I recently upgraded from SoapUI 4.6.1 to 4.6.2; apparently this was not automatically updated.

I have found that the upgrade process does not update the script folder location.

To do this manually:
    1. File -> Preferences
    2. SoapUI Pro
    3. update Script Library
    4. OK
    5. File -> Save Preferences
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi,

The scripts folder location is used for user scripts to be picked up by SoapUI. So that location should only be changed by the user. Otherwise if installer change then user would have to copy over their own custom scripts each time.

Regards,
    Marcus
    SmartBear Support