Forum Discussion

VGaur
Contributor
10 years ago

ReadyAPI! Project property

Hello,

I am trying to set the project properties from command line using -P variable it is working for some but not for other.For example if you look at the the command below it has two project properties [-P"environment"="test3"] and [-P"mode"="full"] environment is getting set as project property but not mode.I am not sure why and I do not know where to loo whether it is really taking effect or not.I have pasted the command line parameters and lines where the project property get set.

Can you please help?

command "C:\Program Files\SmartBear\ReadyAPI-1.1.0\bin\testrunner.bat" -s"TestSuiteName" -P"mode"="full" -P"environment"="test3" -FPDF -R"Projec
t Report" -A -j -f report "..\\Project Files\\APIAutomation"

[SoapUIProTestCaseRunner] Setting project property [mode] to [full]
[SoapUIProTestCaseRunner] Setting project property [environment] to [test3c]
[SoapUIProTestCaseRunner] Running tests in project [TradeMeAPIAutomation]
[SoapUIProTestCaseRunner] Running TestSuite [ActivityFeed[Won and Lost]], runType = SEQUENTIAL

Cheers

2 Replies

• In the bin folder where you installed Ready API is a log file called ready-api-errors.log, check it for any errors that may occur when you execute the command line, it could be a simple spelling error. You should also consider upgrading to 1.2.2 (but stay away from 1.3.0, it's not very stable).

VGaur
      Contributor

ready-api error log hasn't recorded any errors.I am able to set the project property "mode" when I do not specify the testsuite in the command line and runs the whole project, so I believe that it's not case of spelling mistake. Do you know which file stores the project properties?I have looked into the settings.xml for the project , I can see this:

<con:entry key="Project Properties" value="mode=quick"/>

But property was set when I ran the entire project instead of a test suite. Just to give to a brief background : I am verfying  in my setup script  whether the project properties are actually set or not using <context.expand( '${#Project#mode}') >. 

As for the new version 1.3- we have got one person migrated to new version and we are running tests to see whether it works properly or not.So far we have found : 

1) It takes twice the memory ReadyAPI 1.1 was taking on the run 

2) the way it stores the project is quite different so , if my testsuite name is ABC[feature1] in earlier version it was saving it as ABC%5Bfeature1%5D in the working copy and on to mercurial.But the new version saves it as is i.e. ABC[feature1] which is good but caused us to change the entire stuff on mercurial bcoz mercurial tracks it as new file.

3) Also in new version renaming a file issue got resolved - 

for example ; In earlier version if I rename this file - An-Address-Verification-Code-must-be-included-in-the-request.xml and added a number at the beginning, the working copy doesn't refelect the changes it will keep the file name same but the name tag within the xml shows the changes : name="[C123456]Address Verification Code tag must be included in the request". In new version the if you rename the file you can see the changes and you donot need to open the xml file and see the name tag.

4) if you gave special characters(we has forward slash(/)) in testsuite name and you try to migrate to new version it won't save the composite project but if you clone that testsuite and rename testsuite without having the special character's than it works.

We are still testing it but most of us are on earlier version. 

Cheers