Forum Discussion

johandelaat
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago

Moving and copying Child resources

Hi,

Is it possible to copy child resources from one service to another?

I found an old topic (10-23-2013) mentioning that it was added to your Backlog (internal issue tracker SOAP-883), but I can't find if it's already implemented or not.

My situation is the following :

* Developers have a codebase that is common to a lot of services.

* I need to test these services seperately.

=> I need to introduce the resources for this common codebase to all the services.

copying the (child) resource from one service to an other service would be very timesaving.

Any suggestions?

Johan

3 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Johan,

This feature wasn't implemented as there were no many requests for it. I've added your vote to this feature request and ask the Team to review it.

At the moment, it looks like you can use the Clone REST Resources feature. Read the following article fore more information: http://readyapi.smartbear.com/features/multiedit/resource/clone

Here is a recorded example of how you can move/clone several resources:

https://www.screencast.com/t/u9iIljaQgz

I hope it helps.

johandelaat
      Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the response. It will be very useful.

One suggestion : mention in the documentation that if you want to clone a resource to another service you have to select the resource and at least one of the child resources or methods.

Otherwise you don’t get the full options of cloning, moving or deleting REST Resources and with cloning the possibility to clone to another service, …etc  You can only clone within the same Service

TanyaYatskovska
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion!

I'll let our Documentation Team know.