Rene_Unterweger
Occasional Contributor
15 years ago

Java.Exception when try to run a testcase with a DataSource Type DataConnection

Hi,

What I'm doing....
- Making a Teststep DataSource = Data Connection
- Define a Data Connection
- .... and so on, everything is working perfect.

Than I close SoapUI Build soapui-pro-3.0-dist-100-2009-07-09, Build Date 2009/07/09 11:08

After restarting SoapUI and try to run the testcase .....

Test started at 2009-09-08 14:31:00.500
TestCase failed [java.lang.Exception: Failed to prepare testStep [GET airvie.voucher]; com.eviware.soapui.support.SoapUIException: Please Select Connection/Driver&Connection string:java.lang.Exception: Failed to prepare testStep [GET airvie.voucher]; com.eviware.soapui.support.SoapUIException: Please Select Connection/Driver&Connection string], time taken = 0

Then only open the TestStep and everything is working fine.

Is there a way to run testcases without opening all Data Source/DataConnection 

Regards

13 Replies

Werner_Blueml
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Ole,

sorry for my late answer, but I was not in office the last days.
    If it is ok for you, we can make a session with Teamviewer4 on Mon 2009-10-05 then I'm here again.

I also have an other Question. When I make a Update Definition of WSDL in the defined Testcases I have always "?" in empty fields, other fields have Testdata from ExcelSheets. The problem is that I must delete all "?" by hand, because the services on server makes validations and "?" are not correct field values.
    Is there a way let the fields empty?

Regards Werner
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Werner,

Are you still having problems with this DB issue? If so, can we set up a new online meeting ?

let me know!

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com
    Werner_Blueml
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Ole,

sorry for my late answer (will be standard I think  ), but there was no time for me to check the issue with the database, I have found an other way to solve it. I use special WebServices for the project, but in some cases it will be necessary to use the DB Connections. I will give you a message when I need it.

Regards Werner

PS: The problem with the "?" is resolved....