Forum Discussion

brigadir
Occasional Contributor
13 years ago

configuring Hermes JMS on Linux depends on project file

Hi, part of our SoapUI project is using Hermes JMS to check responses from ActiveMQ tests. We are developing our tests on windows environment but contious integration is run on LINUX machine.

I have updated in "soapui-settings.xml" "ToolsSettings@hermesjms" parameter but we still get error on CI machine
2012-01-10 16:23:53,508 ERROR [errorlog] javax.naming.NamingException: Session name 'ActiveMQ' does not exist in Hermes configuration or path to Hermes config ( C:\.hermes )is not valid !!!!
javax.naming.NamingException: Session name 'ActiveMQ' does not exist in Hermes configuration or path to Hermes config ( C:\.hermes )is not valid !!!!
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.submit.transports.jms.util.HermesUtils.getHermes(HermesUtils.java:209)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.submit.transports.jms.HermesJmsRequestTransport.getHermes(HermesJmsRequestTransport.java:210)

after couple of hours scratching my head and googling I figured it out - this "C:\.hermes" comes from project file

As you see - project file contains path to hermes config but it is different on linux and without changing it test wont run.
<con:setting id="ProjectSettings@hermesConfig">C:\.hermes</con:setting>

to
<con:setting id="ProjectSettings@hermesConfig">/home/jenkins/.hermes</con:setting>

at the moment we are just using SED to fix thing so we could run our tests
sed "s/hermesConfig\">\(.*\)<\/con/hermesConfig\">\/home\/jenkins\/.hermes\/<\/con/g" soapui/jms-integration-project.xml > tmpfile && mv tmpfile soapui/jms-integration-project.xml

Is there a way to configure SoapUI so that we do not need to replace every time hermes configuration parameter in soapui project file to run tests on linux machine?

1 Reply

• Hi,

No because this is not related with the soapUI package files! as it is related with the soapUI projects.

Also you have created the soapUI projects on windows machine due to which all external config paths will be Machine specific.
    To execute the same in Linux you need to write your own script to make this change and this script has to be run on fresh copy of soapui project xml file.

I also have similar issues and I have written my own script to achieve the same.

Regards,
    Rohit Shingalapur